Friday, June 8, 2012

i-Profile: Magda Laguinge

If dark and mysterious is your cup of tea, look no further. A vision of mystical beauty, Magda Laguinge is the 5’10″ Argentinian lady who is a vamp!

Magda has good looks. Cast for The Lights, Camera, Action Issue‘s non-Olympic sport shoot by Fashion Director Charlotte Stockdale, Magda shined in Twister, sack racing and conker fighting. With a perfect wide-set pair of giant baby blues and lashes long enough to knock you out, her beauty knows no bounds. Unafraid to flash a smile, Magda is full of charm and making the most of her modelling career by living it up. If it weren’t for the day job however, she says she would hit the books and study economic sciences. Impressed by her brain and her beauty, i-D online caught up to the lovely lass to find out how she works it in front of the camera.

What was it like growing up in Argentina? We are a family of seven children, I am the second and though we had the basic things that we needed, we grew up sharing everything. My parents raised me in a very traditional way (as is typical in my city). We were surrounded by nature and climbed lots of trees! As we didn’t have many material things, I used my imagination to create simple games for my brothers and sisters. I had fun and I think that was one of the most beautiful stages of my life where I learnt the codes and principles that I use today.

Where do you go to have a good time in Argentina? What I enjoy most at this time in Argentina is hanging out with my family, having barbecues and just spending time together. I like visiting old friends and also dancing to good music in a nice club.

Describe yourself in five words… Chocolate. Original. Faith. Force. Adaptation.

What was the last song you listened to on your iPod? I don’t have an iPod! But the last song I listened to was by Metronomy.

What do you get up to when you’re not modelling? Well, the truth is I have very little free time. When I’m not working, I go shopping, I love finding original things. Also I try to tick off from my to-do lists. I also try to study some English and I went to my first ballet class a few days ago.

How did you get scouted? I was scouted when I was thirteen on the Mar del Plata beach in Buenos Aires. But I started to work four years later when I was nearly eighteen.

What’s the best thing about your job? The opportunity to see other ways of living.

How do you feel when you are in front of the camera? It’s incredible. It’s the most beautiful feeling. I think that I’m inside a movie and I have to play a role in the story. My favourite character is a crazy person from Antiquity. I can imagine a whole history in one second.

What has been the highlight of your career so far? Mmmm, that’s a big secret and I can’t say yet, but you will see it soon!

What would you be doing if you weren’t modelling? I would be studying economic sciences at the faculty of my city, Cordoba.

What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given? There are two. The first is ‘you have to give it to receive it.’ The second is ‘Want, search, find’.

nextmodels.com

Text: Rebecca Arts





Source

0 comments: